First published: 4th February 2022
In 2021, the team conducted a survey for those who have completed the FAS training in order to assess the impact and identify where possible improvements could be made. In total, 17 questions were asked and the team received 150 responses.
Have a look at the summary below:
- For every Friend Against Scams, £59 is the savings made to the UK economy. As of the end of 2021, the total savings from people becoming Friends is over £51m.
- Of those who were not aware of where they get advice and report scams to prior completing the training, 93% stated they now know where to get advice and report scams after completing the training.
- There was a 20% increase in confidence in identifying scams since completing the training.
- There was a 24% increase in confidence in spotting the signs someone may be responding to scams.
- The majority of those who had completed the training more than 12 months ago answered high (7-10) on their confidence to be able to identify a scam, a potential victim, and where to report a scam and get advice. This demonstrates that the training is still effective even a year later.