Are you, or someone you know, inundated with scam mail? Are you tempted to respond to it? Do you want to help track down the criminals behind scams and help put a stop to their activities?
If you answered yes to any of the above then why not become a Scam Marshal for National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team
What is a Scam Marshal?
A Scam Marshal is any resident in the UK who has been targeted by a scam and now wants to fight back and take a stand against scams. Scam Marshals do this sharing their own experiences, helpimg others to report and recognise scams and sending any scam mail that they receive to the NTS Scams Team so that it can be utilised as evidence in future investigative and enforcement work. This work by Scam Marshals plays a huge role in helping to stop the scam mail altogether. We need you.
Why should I become a Scam Marshal?
We hope that by becoming a Scam Marshal you feel empowered by fighting back against the criminals behind the scams. By taking a stand against scams you will become part of the team stopping the scams. Scam Marshals feel happy to be part of 'a bigger scheme to stop the mail'. Benefits of the scheme include:
- Saving money
- Improving self-confidence
- Assisting with investigations
- Reducing the temptation to respond
- Increasing awareness of scams
- Educating and helping others
- Seeing a reduction in scam mail
What will you get?
- A certificate confirming your role as an NTS Scams Team Scam Marshal.
- A monthly newsletter that will include highlights and information about what the NTS Scams Team has done with the mail you have sent in.
- Freepost mail bags on a monthly basis to allow you to send your scam mail into the team at no cost to you.
- The opportunity to become a NTS Scams Team "Pen Pal", a pen pal project just for Scam Marshals!
If you would like to become a Scam Marshal please email FriendsAgainstScams@SurreyCC.gov.uk or call us on 01323 463 484